Sachets 0 waste for infusion are available on the Cabri d'Or website to help you prepare your herbal teas but do you know the history of infusions?
Introduction and definition of infusions
The term infusion designates the technique of preparing aromatic plants consisting in pouring hot water on these plants to extract their active or aromatic principles for a given time (generally a few minutes to ten minutes) and on the other hand An infused plant drink. It is also designated by infusion, the drink of the infused plant but the exact term would be "herbal tea".
Through phytotherapy, aromatherapy, the attraction of infusions has experienced a big boom. Indeed, faced with the industrialization of drugs and the rise of pharmaceutical laboratories in search of ever more profits, the population naturally turns to something more traditional, natural and known for millennia.
Men have tamed plants and their virtues for millennia. It is believed that the process was discovered in the prehistoric era to recover the virtues and active ingredients of the different plants. It should be noted that the dried medicinal plants were referenced for the first time by the Egyptians in Mesopotamia.
These plants are traditionally used as medicinal plants, plants were either infused to extract their active ingredients or used in local application. For example, the Romans used the saponary to treat skin diseases by sliding a few leaves in bath water. Its use has evolved since it can today be used to do laundry or soap. The Romans used other aromatic plants such as mint, fennel and cardamom to treat themselves.
With the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, we really discover the beneficial effects on health thanks to the progress made in botany. The active ingredients of the plants are then recognized but the plants weaken from their monopoly for care for the benefit of drugs.
Infusions of dried aromatic plants and herbs and their offerings
Unlike modern medicine which stems from the isolation of active ingredients for a very specific condition, medicinal plants retain all their active ingredients. Using infusion techniques, decoction maceration, it is all active molecules that are used. This is called phytotherapy. Thus, their properties can be described as invigorating, spasmodic, soothing, sweat, antiviral, revitalizing, digestive, calming ... An aspect of these virtues is also described for each of the dried plants of the golden cabri.
We can thus associate dried plants with similar properties to consolidate these effects.
A little bit of technique
- Decoction: Put the plant or the part to be macerated in water and boil it water for several minutes (usually 5-10 minutes)
- Maceration: Unlike decoction, the principle is much longer and consists in soaking the plant or aromatic grass of long hours the plant in cold water (you can do it with mint for example to make water to Mint)
- Infusion: much more practice, this technique consists in pouring hot water with the plant or aromatic dried grass for a few minutes (from 2 to 10 minutes)
To preserve all the effectiveness of the infusion, it is best not to use industrial sugar (bad for your health) but to sweeten your infusion with honey.
In the tea category, the Cabri d'Or does not offer tea sheets. Indeed, these teles of teas come mainly from Asian countries such as India or China where social production and social standards vary drastically with those applied in France. We hope in the future that we can grow tea in order to offer a range of 100% French and organic tea.
However, you can take a look at our website (https://lecabridor.com/collections/plantes-et-herbes-aromatiques) to be able to chat and discover new infusions of dried aromatic herbs and herbs that we have as:
- ABSINTHE organic infusion
-Organic infusion at Melilot
- Organic infusion at La Scabieuse
- Bio menthol infusion (peppermint or mint rooster)
- Bio infusion in linden
- Organic infusion at the hibiscus
- Eucalyptus organic infusion
- And many more, it is thus possible to associate several plants to compose your even mixtures yourself according to your needs. All our herbs and aromatic plants are obviously biological and certified in order to avoid any pesticide and therefore to enjoy fully the benefits of our dried aromatic plants.